Sunday, October 26, 2008

Teeter-Totter

1.  I easily spend 2-3 hours on the internet every day.  I have favorite blogs to read, news to catch up on and the Daily Show is well, daily and must be watched.  I don't always get that much time as there are things such as work and errands and humans that take up plenty of the hours available to me, but generally I make up for it on the weekends when I lounge on the couch drinking Lact-aid and ruffling the cats fur absentmindedly.  This leads me to question why posting regularly on my own blog poses such a challenge?  Certainly I have frequent access to it (re: hours on web) and always an abundance of ideas to write about... I think it may be an energy level issue.  It takes more energy to post than I want to expend each day.  Hell, once a week is trying my endurance.  Anylazy, I am going to aim for posting more frequently.  Just little ditties about the trivial noise in my head.  Staying committed to it may sound relatively simple I suppose, but as a manic-depressive (emphasis on the depressive) commitment to any regular, dependable activity makes me quake in my boots.  

Thankfully the intense depression I was slogging against for the last 2-3 weeks (feels like months) has lifted and I am hoping I can enjoy a period of mid-ranging emotion.  With that comes the desire to engage in activities that I previously found entertaining.  And yes, I did steal that phrase from all the generic depression symptom quizzes out there (i.e. In the past month have you experienced any of the following?)  

2.  Halloween is coming up and I am going to have to rely on an oldy, but a a goody.  Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, complete with syringe in chest and bloody nose.  Don't snort heroin kiddies!!  I would love to go more exciting and unique this year, but budgetary concerns (damn recession) limit my options to what I have already in my closet.  And yes, I have fake blood and a plastic dental syringe on hand.  Any good ex-theatre geek does.  Goddamn, I said goddamn!
  
3.  Cat Puke.  AM and I have found more cat puke in the last week in our house than ever before.  And as one of our cats has bulimia as far as I can tell, this frequency was really pushing it.  Turns out Elton John got into some chicken bones and ATE THEM ALL.  They were coming up for days.  He even yakked on AM's Playstation and controller.  Kiki Dee kept doing what she always does which is get separation anxiety from her food and scarf it down so quickly that she forgets to chew and promptly regurgitates it all up in front of her, wherever she is in the house.  Binge and purge surprises.  

4.  Fro-Yo.  Yogurt is the one dairy product I can eat without regretting later.  Something to do with the active-enzymes or some shit.  I don't really know why.  I do know that I am grateful, because what is a girl supposed to eat when she gets a wicked craving for chocolate ice-cream?  I know better than to eat ice-cream now.  I went through a brief denial phase, but bathroom trips don't lie.  Also, the whole trying to eat healthy, lose weight and feel better about myself program discourages chocolate sunday extravaganzas.  Enter fro-yo.  Specifically "Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie."  Holy-moley people, it is tasty.  And it is remarkably good for you.  5 spoonfuls and I am in dessert heaven mentally and with no discernible guilt hanging over me.  Huzzah!

5.  Our neighbor has been playing his acoustic guitar a fair amount today.  That would be just fine by me if he knew more than one song.  The one song on repeat (complete with waving tones, inconsistent beat and wrong notes)?  Wish you were here - Pink Floyd.  No, actually I don't wish you were here.  You know why?  I like you too much to submit you to this song that never ends.  

No comments: