Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hipster Freakout


Sometimes I just embrace that I have these vaguely hipster tendencies here and there. For example, I do like the scarf with t-shirt/thin jacket/no-it-is-not-cold-out-but-I-am-too-cool-to-care look. Never mind how idiotic and obviously contrarian it appears, I dig it.

Also related:
  • I have a weakness for girls who pull off messy, butch haircuts.
  • I get a kick out of introducing music to a group of friends that is 1) amazing music and then, yes 2) unknown to them until that point.
  • I do own vinyl and yet no record player anymore.
  • I understand how one can have good taste in wine and beer all while being on unemployment.
  • I have a friend who collects grandma shoes and rocks them for all the comfort and radness they are worth (a lot, according to her).
And then there is this song which is my current anthem.

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros pretty much rocks my face off
with hipster happiness and I suggest if you have any qualms about how
asshat-ish hipsters can be, that you put them aside and revel in this
goodness.

Then we can return to mostly hating on those pretentious pricks as per usual.

1 comment:

an island year said...

not only do i learn that the nearly year-round scarf & jacket thing i've been doing for several years is hipster-esque, but that owning up to said hipster qualities is not so hip. one of many reasons i love your blog!