Thursday, May 28, 2009

Placeholder

I was going to post a superb entry tonight, but it became later than I anticipated rather rapidly and I need some sleep.  SO.  I have every intention of making it up soon.  For now I offer these stunning videos and pictures that I can take no credit for. 


There are few songs that have such a visceral trigger for me.  Free Fallin' is one.  I am immediately transported to Goleta, summer, bikini and the first real feelings of deep love at the same time as deep depression.  I am holding the hand of my best girlfriend and we are singing soft harmonies as the sun brings forth a few more freckles.  We need not say a word to know the other one knows.  

Having seen VAST live a couple of time I can say with confidence that Jon Crosby does in fact 
have such a clean voice. Also, he composed all of this and can play all of the instruments. Sigh.
This song has lots of fond memories. Lastly, the fellow in the lace dress playing acoustic guitar
at a show of theirs was way more agro and at one point threw his guitar in the air, missed it, 
gashed open his eye and refused treatment. Played the rest of the show with blood running 
down his face. Totally RAWK.

Okay Picture Time:


what I want to eat right now:




Edit: WTF with the weird spacing?  I don't know.  I tried to fix it 4 times, which is 3 more than I usually do, so you are going to just have to suck it up.  

No comments: