Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinner tonight

I was going to make a super tasty linguini dish tonight with cooked down duck broth (from a duck soup I had), lots of butter and fresh mushrooms, asparagus and bacon.  it was going to be epic.  I made the recipe up in my head and salivated at the thought of it.  

I made a quick trip to the store to pick up a few items (I do not recommend running out of deodorant on a day that hits 102 degrees with 100,000% humidity.  rivulets of sweat from various crevices.  not so much the sexy).  During my shopping excursion I had to deal with this really creaptastic man that seemed extra-jittery (crackpipe much?) that kept "appearing" in the same isle as me.  Noticeably lacking was anything accumulating in his basket.  hmmm.  Oh and did I mention I am in the middle of my period and everything hurts and I hate the world.  Yeah, that may be important to the arc of the story.  

Walking into the wine section I gasp and see that Little Debbie Nutty Bars are on sale for $1 instead of the $1.39 printed on the box!!  holy wafers and peanut-butter batman!  and that was the turning point.  I arrived home to announce to AM that he was on his own for food and that I was going to be busy figuring out how to use the heating pad to calm the muscle clenches without dying of heatstroke.  


Everything looks better when you have Little Debbie on your side. 

No comments: