Friday, June 13, 2008

Mod-Podge addiction

The first step is admitting you have a problem.  Well I refuse to do so at this point, but I am starting to have suspicions that decoupaging contains some sort of addictive quality.  I see plain surfaces and suddenly am filled with images of magazine cut-outs and wallpaper samples all artfully juxtaposed in a funky, yet highly accessible manner.  WTF!  Since when did I become Rosie Odonnell and Martha?  

Remember when Rosie had her own show and she referred to Tom Cruise as a "cutie-patootie" and had a cardboard cut out of him?  Yeah, that has only become more freaky over the years.  I digress.

I have only attacked one item in my home with the mod-podge craziness and am pretty pleased with the results actually.  But the urge is there.  A subtle, yet insatiable desire to carry a small bottle around with me and inhale the gluey fumes and slap a layer or two on items that do not even belong to me.  

I think it may be a sickness or needs to be added to the DSM-IV as a disorder of the mind.  Be careful my friends.  It is like the gateway drug of the crafting world.  I am on a slippery (or rather sticky/tacky texture) slope to getting cable just for HGTV and believing that Mid Century Modern furniture and design is the end all be all of home decor.  

MUST RESIT THE EAMES CHAIRS!

No comments: